Sunday 4 March 2012

Nails of The Day


Models Own in Champagne and Models Own Black 'Wah Nails' Nail Art Pen
2 for £8 @ Boots


This is a lovely, shimmery colour that coats well onto the nail. One coat gives enough colour and a streak free finish but retains a sheerness, whereas two coats creates a lovely opaque metallic finish. It dries relatively quickly and didn't smudge. I took this picture about 24 hours after applying the polish, and it didn't chip or flake in the shower, which I find a very annoying problem with other more expensive nails brands [yes you Ciate!]


 


The nail art pens were also part of the 2 for £8 offer, so I picked one of those up as I have never tried them before. I really liked that it had a fine metal nib and also a long thin brush. I found a little too much product comes out of the nib, and it was really difficult to use and draw with my left hand (I'm right handed ). I think using this on other people -or using it in your own pedicure- is much easier!
This took a little longer to dry and did smudge slightly. I also think the nib can drag on your colour coating a little, so be sure to let it dry well before attempting to express your creative nail design ideas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment