Monday 5 March 2012

Boots 3 for 2 and No7 offer (Product Reviews)

When I went to buy my Samantha Chapman stippling brush from Boots the other day, the next thing on my list was to pick up the Witch Skin Clearing Primer as I had read some good reviews on it. There was a 3 for 2 on skin care so I picked up a Garnier PureActive Spot-on Roll-on to help fade old spot marks and prevent new blemishes surfacing. I also bought Garnier's BB Cream in medium [which I instantly regretted buying but I was short on time]. Because I had spent over £5 I was given a £5 off No7 voucher and I went straight back to the brushes aisle and bought an eyeshadow blending brush which then only cost me £2.25! 

I went back into Boots today, just on the off chance that they may have restocked the Samantha Chapman Core Collection brushes. They had...success! [review pending on these].
So I snapped up the brushes and was given another £5 off No7 voucher. I didn't want any other No7 brushes, so I went back to browse at the No7 makeup counter. My mum also had a £5 off voucher [which she kindly gave me :D ] and I got a lovely cleansing lotion for just £4 and a lipstick for £5!
Boots were still running the 3 for 2 on skincare so I got a Cocoa Butter body lotion and two Coconut body oils, one of which I gave to my mum.


3 for 2:

Garnier Pure Active Roll on £7.99 15ml
 Claims to fight spots and fade marks with results from day one. Contains 2% Salicylic acid  I've used this for a few days and haven't noticed too much of a difference yet, but I'll pursue it a little longer. This is really eye-wateringly fresh when it goes on but in a nice cooling way.

Garnier BB Cream in Medium £9.99 50ml
 This is far too dark for me at the minute, but in the summer when I have a tan, it will be the right shade. It's really greasy, so I haven't worn it out yet as my skin is at it's worst at the minute. I did try it out- it didn't blur imperfections as it says it does. It evened my skin tone out a little and it's very moisturising. This product doesn't wow me in the slightest.

Witch Anti-Blemish Skin Clearing Primer £6.99 30ml
I really like this primer. The purpose of it is to basically create a shield against foundation and other makeup, which may cause or aggravate breakouts. It's also supposed to calm and soothe the skin, while hyrdating and drawing away excess oils, and is fragrance and oil free.
I think it work really well as a base for foundation, and it glides on lovely. It has a nice smoothing effect and feels really light. I did still get a little oily on the nose, but not for a good few hours....I'd also say that was more to do with the foundation I've been using (Vitalumiere Aqua) and it easily blotted away.

Boots Cocoa Butter and Mallow Body Lotion £2.03 300ml
This smells amazing and just glides on and soaks into the skin so well! It's amazing for the price, and you get so much of it. The pump is also really handy for dispensing this lotion. It dries quickly without leaving skin tacky afterwards.

Boots Coconut Body Oil £2.54 100ml
This comes packaged in a glass jar and has a beautiful coconut scent. It's almost like a soft paste in the jar, but on contact with the skin, it just melts into a luxurious oil. This can be used on either dry or damp skin, straight from the shower.

No7


No7 Eyeshadow blend & contour brush £2.25 usually £7.25
Can't complain about this brush, good for using in the crease to add depth.

No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion for Normal/Dry Skin 200ml £4 usually £9
Love this! It's so milky and takes makeup off really well with zero effort. It smells really nice too and it's just a pleasure to use. Makeup wipes are gone forever in favour of this.



No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in Siren (120) £5 usually £10
Lovely rich colour but transfers terribly. It's so smooth that it just clings to anything that even lightly brushes passed it. Definitely requires a lip sealant like lipcote to keep it from going everywhere.

Oh and my mum and I got ANOTHER £5 off voucher each, so I'll be reviewing again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment