Saturday 25 February 2012

Mixed Makeup Review (Pic heavy)

I've come home for some of my annual leave and I stupidly forgot my makeup bag. My daily essentials are languishing 180 miles away in my bathroom. I have most of my skincare, which I packed separately, except my moisturiser. Damn! So I had to purchase some other make and took the opportunity to pop into Superdrug and pick up some MUA makeup which I keep hearing about, It's a very cheap brand (prices start from only £1) but apparently has some well pigmented products, so I thought I'd pick some up and review them here alongside some other products I bought.


SLEEK Blush by 3 Palette in Sugar £9.99
I was after the LACE Palette but unfortunately it was sold out. Sugar was the next closest to it in colour so I bought it instead. I'm so so impressed by this palette! The pigmentation is excellent, and for the price the quality is excellent. I will definitely be picking up more Sleek Palettes, for both Blush and Eye. I have swatched it below (sorry about the horrendous blur, my camera kinda sucks)

 This palette has 2 matte and 1 shimmer blushes.




<<<< This shade is 'Demerara' and is a Matte red/brown colour



<<<< This shade is 'Muscovado' and is a shimmery coral/brown, like a darker, less coral Coralista by Benefit (The middle shade in the Lace Palette is much more like Coralista!)

<<<< The final shade is called Turbinado, and is a Matte bright coral/orange. This will be lovely in Summer... if we get one!




You can really see the shimmer in the middle shade

5/5 for this palette, lovely packaging with included mirror, great product and value for money.









NOTE: The 1st colour here (Pink) is the MUA Blusher from below's picture!!


AVON Onyx Lustre Trip-Lip Gloss in Peach Sparkle
I actually got this gloss a few weeks ago but only tried it the other day, but I had to review it since I was asked if I had had my lips 'done' by someone I met from school! Well my lips are au naturale, but theywere sporting this gloss over some Revlon Just Bitten in Passion. Gorgeous smell and flavour from this gloss, and gives a plumped look with out actually having any plumping properties. So if you want bigger lips, then I'd recommend this combo. (NOTE: Swatch of this is after the MUA Products pic)

From R-L Mac, MUA and Barry M Eye Kohls

MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy £14
This + Urban Decay Naked Palette = A match made in heaven! Gorgeous bronzey brown kohl, that stays put! Consistency is smooth on application, but will stay on a top lid as a liner or can be smudged in to form a bronzed smoky eye.

Barry M Nail Paints; Instant Nail Effects/Foil Effects (Gold- shade 320) £3.99 and Peach Melba (shade 318) £2.99 and a FREE Eye Kohl also worth £2.99 (swatched with the other eyeliners)

Can I just express my utter pleasure at the Foil Effects Nail Paint!! The above pic is only one coat!!!
It dries pretty quickly but you have to be careful not to dent it after the second coat (which it actually didn't need). Would be amazing with a clear Shellac coating over the top to make it last.

Lovely little marshamallow pink colour polish for only £2.99.  
This is two coats. 



MUA- MakeUpAcademy Products



(Reviewed in descending order below, minus the 2nd one which is the AVON Lipgloss!!)

Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Black £1 (a pound!!!!)
This stuff is better than what I've been using before, granted they weren't waterproof, but this stuff lasted all day and didn't move or fade in the slightest and for once I wore a liquid eyeliner that didn't transfer onto my heavy lids just after application or throughout the day. Would definitely re-purchase this!  5/5


Lipgloss in Shade 2 £1
Butterscotch scented lipgloss that is quite sheer but with a noticeable colour, has some shimmer in it too. Nice over the red lipstick!


Lipsticks in Shade 3 (Pink with very slight subtle shimmer) and Shade 8 (Deep red with a shimmer) £1 each
Really smooth and creamy opaque lipsticks that give excellent colour in one sweep. Although they aren't very transfer-proof onto glasses when drinking etc, they don't bleed without a lip-liner or give you lipstick teeth, can't complain for a pound.


Intense Glitter Black Kohl in Black £1
It's hard to see the glitter in this eyeliner but it's very much there, but in a nice way. I usually hate anything glittery, but this has such a nice consitency, so smooth! I haven't wore it for any length of time so I'll have to see if it lasts without smudging all over my heavy lids as a top liner. Much better pigment and consistency than the Barry M Kohl pencil and it comes with a handy pencil sharpener in the lid- genius!! (Pics with other eye kohls above).

Blush in Shade 1 £1
Standing in for my Clinique Iced lotus Blusher, this little blush is amazing!! Lastsall day when applied with a good brush, there can be a bit much product picked up and also a bit of fallout when you sweep the brush in, but it stays contained within the compact.




Sorry some of the products are a bit muddled in other pictures in different parts of the post, changed the way I wanted to lay the post out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment