Monday 20 February 2012

GlossyBox - February

Well it seems like only yesterday I got my January GlossyBox. It was infact, just yesterday that I got round to  reviewing GlossyBox January.
Well this month I am happier with the box, mostly due to the two make up items which lay in wait for me to open. However, there is a whopping stench of Lavender wafting around this box...
                                                    i. hate. lavender
It is an ingredient in two out of the five products which I received. Bleurgh. I will try and review them, but I can't say I wasn't disappointed in getting Dr Bronner's Hand Sanitizer rather than the (used for washing makeup brushes) Liquid Soap that others got.


So, back to the standard pretty pink and black box this month. Additional card reads; Expect The Unexpected from 24th Feb. Some sort of MysteryBox. Exciting...


February's offerings from L-R


Dr Bronner Lavender Hand Sanitizer- Full size (59ml)
It's a hand sanitizer, and it's Lavender. That's all I pretty much have to say on this one. If I had a Grannie, I'd give her this. Ok maybe I'm being a bit harsh...
Positive(s)- uhmm it's organic and a fair product :)

DuWop Venom Gloss in Buttercup- 5ml 
Happy Happy happy. Something I can use and enjoy! Very nice subtle colour (see swatch below- if you can even see it- bad workman blaming tools). This Lipgloss has a sort of cinnamon scented tingle to it, which doesn't hit you right away but it definitely starts to tingle away after a little while. Gives lips a nice plumped effect too I think. Winner!


Como Shambhala Invigorate Shower Gel- 50ml
Essential oil containing shower gel. Consisting of Eucalytptus, Geranium, LAVENDER and Peppermint.
The peppermint gets you first, then the dreaded one, then the eucalyptus (which I love) and geranium scents.
I was sort of like, uhh another shower gel, after having received two in January's Box, but I will get round to trying this one, if I can let my love of Eucalyptus make me ignore the lavender content.

BM Beauty Pure Mineral Eyeshadow in Wolf Howl- 1g
Love this! So happy that this BUAV and PETA approved product is so great. There is no need for animal testing in this day and age! This line is by Kimberly Wyatt (ex-PussycatDoll and Got to Dance Judge) and Co-Founder Laura McComiskie. Furthermore, their products are ''free from bismuth oxychloride, parabens, nano particles and synthetic dyes and fragrances''  
This eyeshadow had such a pigmented colour. I wouldn't necessarily have picked this colour for myself (although purples are great for green eyes), but I think worked into a smokey eye of an evening, it could be gorgeous!


Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Relaxing Balm- 25ml
Stated as being an 'intense hydrating treatment for your hair' which 'smooths and controls'.Well I haven't tried this as yet... Having limp straightish, flyaway hair, I need volume and not a product for frizz. My GHD's take care of that for me. But I will try this when I wave my hair and see if it keeps them neat. Smells nice enough. Full of Parabens though, if you are into avoiding all that.
**** Ok, I've now since tried this product****
 I didn't have time to straighten my hair today, so I thought I'd take that as an opportunity to try this out and give it a proper review. It's basically like a serum but with a less oily texture. It did help smooth my hair down , but after a while my hair really looked like it needed a good brush -it probably did - and I thought it sort of made my hair look a bit greasy even though it was freshly washed. I obviously kept this product away from the root, but it did keep my ends tidier than they would have been if I hadn't used it.


I've also now subscribed to JolieBox, so I will be reviewing that too when it arrives.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment